Old February 1st 08, 06:11 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

Default bios issue

Peter wrote:

Yes because Im not overclocking anything. It does however auto overclock fsb
from 200 to 202. I dont see how abit can use uguru if it has a bug
/conflict. I only use it to check my cpu temp and voltages all are perfect
and I have a good psu. There are conflicts with uguru if you use the bios to
overclock or not uguru is crap and all the versions suck Its issues like
these that make me want to go and buy a dell next time.

Generally, CPUs have much more overclocking ability at their base
line/default electrical specs than RAM chips do. That uGuru overclocks
the FSB by 2MHz is trivial for your CPU, FSB, PCI bus, and most other
components.

But your RAM sticks might be sensitive at their specific timings to
exactly the speed they expect and no other. That said, relaxing just one
of those subtle RAM timings (easily done in any Award BIOS such as what
Abit uses) could make your system not only stable, but able to reach
even higher speeds.

You should only poke the BIOS in one consistent way: Through the BIOS
interface prior to boot, with a board level supplied program (like
uguru) or with an integrated suite (like ntune).

Be sure to use the latest versions, chipset drivers, yadda yadda, and
read more on OCing, there are some pitfalls easily avoided with
knowledge and the experience becomes more practical than trying to keep
a bunch of plates spinning on tall sticks.