Old October 19th 07, 06:06 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus

Default Best desktop search ?

"Conor" wrote in message
In article , Kevin
Weaver says...
What is a good desktop search for vista ?
I turned of vista's indexing as I'm tired of the trashing of the hard
drive
and want more then this offers.

TIA

Vistas offering is far better than anything you can add third party.

It certainly gives your HDD's a constant thrashing non-stop for an eternity,
if thats what better is. It was one of the numerous nails in the Vista
coffin for me. It doesn't find thing's better than Google. System overhead
way higher. Like the other poster, I find Google to be obtrusive. Unless SP1
for Vista is a major overhaul and paradigm rethink, which is unlikely, it'll
stay off anything I own. The only concievable reason to have it is for DX10,
and DX10 vs DX9.0c visual differences are minor, to say the least.