Old July 10th 07, 06:57 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Steve

Default Problem Playing Videos on Windows XP with Leadtek Graphics Card

P.S. Videos have worked in the past if I recell, although I don't know
what has changed in the meantime. I'm a software developer and a lot
has been installed lately!

On 10 Jul, 02:24, "Mr.E Solved!" wrote:
Steve wrote:
P.S. I've already tried reinstalling drivers (graphics card and AGP)
and that didn't do the trick. I've also tried running videos with a
lower screen refresh rate.

This is getting very frustrating now! Perhaps someone can suggestion a
diagnostic tool so that I can at least pin down the rough cause of the
problem. At the moment, it could be hardware (graphics card,
motherboard, ...) or software (Windows XP, drivers, Codex, ...). I
don't know where to begin.

On 9 Jul, 20:02, Steve wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm experiencing a very strange problem with my PC at the moment. I
can't seem to play any videos, no matter what format they are! (MPEG,
WMV, AVI, DIVX, DVD, etc...)

Here are a few details about my setup:

ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard
Leadtek WinFast A6600 GT graphics card (I think it has 128MB on board)
Creative Audigy Platinum soundcard

When I try and play videos, either the application crashes (as in the
case of Windows Media Player) or the application freezes and takes up
100% of my processor. In the later case, I have to painstakingly use
Task Manager to end the bad process. Painstaking because the naughty
video application only allows other Windows processes small chunks of
processor time.

Could this be a codex problem? Does any one have any suggestions!?

Thanks,

Steve.

P.S. Apologies if this is posted in the wrong place. Please suggest a
more suitable alternative!

Did the videos ever work? what changed from the time they worked to the
time they did not?

I'd reinstall codecs (not codex, which is a learned tome, not a set of
instructions on how to interpret binary data into streaming audio/video)
and see what happens.

Any program that handles music, mpgs, might muss up your settings.- Hide quoted text -