Old July 10th 07, 12:02 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Steve

Default Problem Playing Videos on Windows XP with Leadtek Graphics Card

P.S. I've already tried reinstalling drivers (graphics card and AGP)
and that didn't do the trick. I've also tried running videos with a
lower screen refresh rate.

This is getting very frustrating now! Perhaps someone can suggestion a
diagnostic tool so that I can at least pin down the rough cause of the
problem. At the moment, it could be hardware (graphics card,
motherboard, ...) or software (Windows XP, drivers, Codex, ...). I
don't know where to begin.

On 9 Jul, 20:02, Steve wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm experiencing a very strange problem with my PC at the moment. I
can't seem to play any videos, no matter what format they are! (MPEG,
WMV, AVI, DIVX, DVD, etc...)

Here are a few details about my setup:

ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard
Leadtek WinFast A6600 GT graphics card (I think it has 128MB on board)
Creative Audigy Platinum soundcard

When I try and play videos, either the application crashes (as in the
case of Windows Media Player) or the application freezes and takes up
100% of my processor. In the later case, I have to painstakingly use
Task Manager to end the bad process. Painstaking because the naughty
video application only allows other Windows processes small chunks of
processor time.

Could this be a codex problem? Does any one have any suggestions!?

Thanks,

Steve.

P.S. Apologies if this is posted in the wrong place. Please suggest a
more suitable alternative!