Old February 1st 07, 10:58 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
F r e e

Default 7900 GT fan speed

time back, when the 7xxx series came out it was advertised, but ... ****
happens

I have tried rivatuner and lots of apps, but the only apps that tell me the
fan speed is the Nvidia control panel and PC Wizars'06 (don't know if the
100% speed is an actual *reading* or just a fixed data), and no app
whatsoever seems to be alle to *change* it, some sites talk about a
transistor or something thats not on the 7900GT card.

cheers,
f r e e

"First of One" root@localhost escribió en el mensaje
Advertised feature? Where?

The 7900GT by default has a constant-speed fan, though you may be able to
alter the fan speed using Rivatuner. The 7900GS is a newer card.

"F r e e" wrote in message
I read that people with a 7900GS witnessed their GPU fan changing
speeds!!! I never ever get a fan speed change, and Nvidia control panel
always says its at 100$%.... My XTX 7900GT EE does not have the
advertised feature! How's that?

Thanks if somebody knows why, so next time i can buy a full featured
card.

f r e e