Old December 12th 06, 12:28 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
johns

Default GeForce 7950GT - the best brand?

Which manufacturer offers the most reliable card, warranty, support, etc...?

My BFG GF7900GTO has performed very well. I
originally bought from XFX, and they intentionally
ripped me off with a broken refurb, and then
charged me a restocking fee of 15% when I
returned the card for a refund. I was also told
by XFX tech support that I could have paid
extra to guarantee that the card was new
and working. In other words, there is a very
high probability that XFX will send you a
returned restock that they have never tested.
EVGA went through a period where they sent
out a lot of broken cards, but from what I hear,
they made good on all of them. Some guys
even got an upgrade as a replacement. BFG
and EVGA have so-called lifetime warrantys,
but I think that just means the standard 3 years
and they promise not to screw you out of it.
Most of the off-shore vendors have a one year
warranty .. if you registered the card ... and
if you have the original box ... with all the parts
.... and the card has not become "obsolete"
.... which means, they can't buy one either.

johns