Old February 20th 06, 02:24 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

Default Temp of Dual core system

"Bill" wrote in message
tazman wrote:

Bios is reporting the same as ASUS probe..

did a little test...

Turned the computer off and let is sit for 3 hours to cool down...

On start up I went into bios and checked the temps, and the bios showed
that
the cpu temp was sitting at 36c. the ambient temp was 23c, so I think the
bios is reading the temp wrong..

Do you mean you think it WAS reading it wrong and now it's reading
properly?

That's a typical CPU temp for a 64x2. My x2 3800+ idled at about the
same temp with the stock cooler.

What do you get now when the CPU is 100% loaded?

Ok what I should have said that it was reading 36c as soon as I turned it
on, but quickly rose to 52c in a matter of minutes and then sat there..

100% loaded it still shows 75c +.

system is not over clocked and cool and quiet is enabled...