Old February 19th 06, 11:50 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

Default Temp of Dual core system

most commercial water coolers under $200 won't work much better than air.
Forget it. You don't need water cooling. Just find an fix the problem. If
the cpu cooler is mounted correctly, I'd suggest a bios update.

Done . got the lattest bios

Some
bioses reported wrong temps. Or if you're using a program to read the
temps, it could be configured for the wrong sensors.

--

Bios is reporting the same as ASUS probe..

did a little test...

Turned the computer off and let is sit for 3 hours to cool down...

On start up I went into bios and checked the temps, and the bios showed that
the cpu temp was sitting at 36c. the ambient temp was 23c, so I think the
bios is reading the temp wrong..