Old December 26th 05, 03:05 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default geforce fx go5200 supported resolution "not available" in Display Properties

Hi Benjamin,

If it's PnP monitor, it should use the monitors DDC infos. If not, change that to PnP
monitor and try again. If the computer still allows you to go over the 1920x1200 then
install the 2405FPW inf file.

I had already tried doing both. Neither led to the native resolution
showing up in Display Properties.

I have found a solution though. But I am quite confused as to why it
works.

As I previously mentioned, the installed driver and the hardware are
supposed to support 1920x1200, the .inf file and modes.txt says so.

The installed Nvidia software allows the creation of custom
resolutions. So obvioulsy, the very first thing I tried was to create
the resolution my LCD needed (Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW). That *didn't*
work. I would simply get a message "The custom resolution cannot be
added."

After failing to find another solution, I went back and tried to create
another custom resolution, 1920x1201 32 bit 60 Hertz

And that worked! My LCD recognizes 1920x1201 *as* 1920x1200. So I'm
able to use my LCD with laptop and my immediate problem is solved.

However I am quite confused... First, why doesn't the supported
resolution show up in Display Properties-Settings (even though larger
resolutions like 1920x1440 and 2048x1536 do show up ).

Second, why would I be able to create a custom resolution of 1920x1201
but not 1920x1200?

If anyone can shed some light on this, I'd appreciate an explanation.