Old December 25th 05, 07:41 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default geforce fx go5200 supported resolution "not available" in DisplayProperties

schrieb:

Thanks for your input. I actually already considered those two
possibilities and don't believe either is the case.

But there also is the probability that your notebook GPU simply can't do more than
1600x1200 on its external output.

First, 1920x1440 and 2048x1536 both are available as selectable
resolutions in Display Properties. If the GPU can do those resolutions,
it should definitely be able to do 1920x1200 (a lower resolution).

Yes, of course. If higher resolutions are offered, 1920x1200 should be
possible...

Widescreen resolutions (like 1680x1050 and IIRC also 1900x1200) only show up in
the driver if there is a display connected that can use these resolutions.

My LCD, (Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW) has a native resolution of 1920x1200;
the display does support the res.

You didn't say what display you had so I had to make a guess...

Also, keep in mind that the two larger resolutions (1920x1440 and
2048x1536) are selectable when my display is connected even though the
LCD *doesn't* support those two larger resolutions.

Well, this strongly looks like your notebook doesn't read the DDC
information that the 2405FPW offers. If it would read them correctly you
wouldn't be able to go over the max. possible resolution of the
connected display. So it seems that your notebook (or better: the
driver) doesn't read the DDC informations from the VGA connector.

What monitor have you defined in Windows for the external output? If
it's PnP monitor, it should use the monitors DDC infos. If not, change
that to PnP monitor and try again. If the computer still allows you to
go over the 1920x1200 then install the 2405FPW inf file. With that file
the driver doesn't have to rely on the DDC informations to see what the
monitor can do and what not...

Benjamin