Old December 25th 05, 03:46 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default geforce fx go5200 supported resolution "not available" in Display Properties

Benjamin,

Thanks for your input. I actually already considered those two
possibilities and don't believe either is the case.

But there also is the probability that your notebook GPU simply can't do more than
1600x1200 on its external output.

First, 1920x1440 and 2048x1536 both are available as selectable
resolutions in Display Properties. If the GPU can do those resolutions,
it should definitely be able to do 1920x1200 (a lower resolution).

Widescreen resolutions (like 1680x1050 and IIRC also 1900x1200) only show up in
the driver if there is a display connected that can use these resolutions.

My LCD, (Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW) has a native resolution of 1920x1200;
the display does support the res.

Also, keep in mind that the two larger resolutions (1920x1440 and
2048x1536) are selectable when my display is connected even though the
LCD *doesn't* support those two larger resolutions.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks