installing video card
Installing a AGP MadDog Multimedia Prediator MX 4000 Plus with nVIDA G-FORCE
MX 4000....digital video card
Custom Built machine November 2001...XP Home...CPU...AMD...Athion
"Thunderbird" Socket A - 1.2 GHZ...Motherboard...Asus A7V...PC
133...Graphics card is PCI separate from motherboard...(not integrated with
motherboard ...but separate...so probably not ONBOARD VIDEO).
Taking out Analog video card and drivers which has Nvida drivers.
Video card...TNT 2 model 64
BUS: AGP 4X
1. I did a System Restore to the point just before the guy installed the
Nvida digital drivers (at that time I had an analog card in) and the
shutdown, restart, sleep mode and icon issues still exist...except that the
recycle bin icon is back to normal.
(((Won't shutdown, restart or go into sleep mode by Microsoft Internet
Keyboard button. 44 of 63 All Program Icons are generic.)))
My next moves are to:
1. Uninstall Nvida drivers thru add remove programs
2. Remove PCI card from system thru device manager
3. Power down..physically remove old/original PCI card
physically install new AGP card
physically install LG monitor digital
cable/chord from monitor
to AGP card
4. Power on
5. Install new AGP digital drivers
MY CONCERNS A
1. After uninstalling Nvida drivers I will then have a BLACK blank screen
and not able to see to do anything else.
2. Will I get black blank screen?
3. If I do how do I go on to to steps 2-5 above?
4. HOW DO I GET INTO BIOS to make CHANGES or DISABLE ONBOARD Video (if it
does need to be disabled)?
Thank you for your consideration and assistance!!!!!