Old July 23rd 05, 07:26 PM
Phil Weldon

'Philadelphia Frank' wrote, in part:
| I just hope I can't hurt anything.
_____

Depends on what kind of TV you have. IF your television is a CRT, or a CRT
based projection TV, then it is possible to hurt something. Televisions are
not designed to handle a wide range of horizontal and vertical rates. CRT
televisions have very high power horizontal drive circuits that also help
produce the high voltage to accelerate electrons toward the screen. Since
you don't have a profile registered for the TV you use, and since you are
using Powerstrip, it is possible to set the video card to horizontal rates
that the TV set can't handle, and that may cause damage. If you are lucky,
your TV will just reject harmful rates.

Also, the video amplifiers in a TV set are likely to have a lower frequency
cut off. For higher horiziontal and vertical rates, the video signal will
have a higher frequency, and resolution will suffer.

Phil Weldon

"Philadelphia Frank" wrote in message
Thank you for the help. I'm having a little success using Powerstrip
changing frequencies, vertical and horizontal. The complication is
that it is trial and error. As I bounce around different frequencies,
I watch the screen resize and/or distort. I just hope I can't hurt
anything.

Frank

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 21:21:00 GMT, "Phil Weldon"
wrote:

'Philadelphia Frank' wrote, in part:
| My monitor is actually a big screen TV. There isn't a way to adjust
| the screen other than changing the aspect ratio. I need a way to
| adjust the screen image from the video card.

_____

Tough luck.

The adjustments MUST be done at the display device. Try reading the
manual
for the 'big screen TV'. Look for adjustments for

*Horizontal Size
*Vertical Size
*Horizontal Centering
*Vertical Centering
*Linearity.

These adjustments may be inside the 'big screen TV' case. In that case
you
should get a technician to make the adjustments.

The alternatives are

#1. set your display adapter to resolution and refresh rates that work
with
your 'big screen TV'
#2. use a display device designed for use with a computer.

Phil Weldon

"Philadelphia Frank" wrote in message
. ..
My monitor is actually a big screen TV. There isn't a way to adjust
the screen other than changing the aspect ratio. I need a way to
adjust the screen image from the video card.

How about Powerstrip? Will that do it.

Frank