Old August 9th 04, 01:16 AM
JK

Many people run games at lower resolutions to get higher frame rates. That is
not
unreasonable.

Jeff B wrote:

JK wrote:
A $140 P4 at 3.4 ghz? How much did the water cooling setup cost?

$50.00, and it's air cooled.

Even
with water cooling, many might not be able to reach that.

Many can and do reach that with air cooling.

Besides which,
one could also overclock an Athlon 64 if they are inclined to.

Of course. I'm comparing an aircooled P4 to an Air cooled
AMD 64 bit. Both running at full speed, also known as 'overclocked'.
My point is, given the chart on Anands site, the numbers are pretty
close at hi res (1600x1200) for virually all 'Intel vs AMD' comparisons
one could make. The original poster singled out the freak atypical
example which of course doesn't count because nobody would
choose that one.

Jeff b