Old August 9th 04, 12:16 AM
JK

A $140 P4 at 3.4 ghz? How much did the water cooling setup cost? Even
with water cooling, many might not be able to reach that. Besides which,
one could also overclock an Athlon 64 if they are inclined to.

Jeff B wrote:

I think you missed the point - there is only a small margin in performance,
but a huge difference in price. Even if the performance was slightly worse
with the AMD, at under 20% of the price of the Intel, it's a no-brainer as
to which gives the best bang for the buck...

You're looking at the wrong comparison. I run a $140.00 P4 northy at
3.4Ghz. What competitive AMD chip is going for $28.00??

Jeff B