Old February 12th 04, 11:21 PM
-=Matt=-

Default 5600se vs 5600xt

Hi there all,

I'm wondering about something. In my PC nestles the fine figure of a
(quoting from the display properties) GeForce FX 5600 XT card. Now, having
done a little research (I can find little about it!), I can ascertain that
this is a cheapo, given a whack in the back of the legs, version of the
proper 5600 for the Eastern market. Ok.

Now, comes the slightly interesting bit. According to my invoice, my PC
*should* have come with a GeForce FX 5600 'SE', with TV out, I might add.
I'm not bothered about not having a TV out port (I have a TV to watch TV
on), but that what I have may be 'slower' than what I should have had.
Strangely, I've not found much mention about the SE version on the web
either, only that it too is the slightly confused, younger dimmer brother
version of the plain 5600.

Should I be knocking some heads together, or be thinking, "Who, gives a
monkeys, I won't be able to tell the difference anyway."

Thanks, advice gratefully appreciated.

-=Matt=-