Old January 21st 04, 08:28 AM
Darthy

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 14:51:52 GMT, Atreju
wrote:

I bought the eVGA e-GeForce FX 5200 Ultra.

Some questions:

Firstly, I've been getting the "Power indicator" warning from the
NVIDIA driver. Every time I boot the computer it warns me that the
card isn't receiving enough power.

CPU / drives? A defective video card?

Now, I have an Antec 380W TruePower unit in my computer. I did hook up
the video card to a power connector. Every single other thing in the
machine is ok.

Should be good, try another PSU. My Antec PSU smoked last summer.

What I need in a video card is for it to be very fast and have
dual-monitor support. Also, I don't want less than 128 MB.

I liked this card because it has a good NVIDIA chip and dual monitor
support, and it wasn't too expensive.

Good? It's considerd **** by gaming standards. The 2year old Ti4200
will stomp it into the ground... $75

I want something that has a good 3D chip on it, but it doesn't have to
be the best of the best. I don't really play games much these days, so
I'm not going to need the best gaming card.
I definitely want dual monitor support though, if possible.

Any $75 fx5200 or ATi9200 can do that... if you're not into games, you
don't need a $130 video vard. And you don't need 128mb either.

Even the $130 (sometimes $100) off the shelf ATI9600 has 128mb / DX9 /
dual output - just as crappy for playing games as the fx5200.

Do you think that they will make a driver update that will fix this
power indicator issue?

Don't know, doubt it. I think they're pulling your leg.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!