Old January 20th 04, 08:55 PM
Atreju

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 15:16:28 GMT, "Daniel"
wrote:

A standard, Non ultra, 5700 might be a good place to start

What's the difference between Ultra and Non-Ultra, besides the fan?
Is Ultra trying to draw so much more power?

Could you recommend a specific card, or at least manufacturer?
5700 + Dual Monitor Support.

Thanks.

"Atreju" wrote in message
.. .
I bought the eVGA e-GeForce FX 5200 Ultra.

Some questions:

Firstly, I've been getting the "Power indicator" warning from the
NVIDIA driver. Every time I boot the computer it warns me that the
card isn't receiving enough power.

Now, I have an Antec 380W TruePower unit in my computer. I did hook up
the video card to a power connector. Every single other thing in the
machine is ok.

I contacted eVGA about this issue, they said they kind of know about
it and they're waiting for NVIDIA to make a better driver for them. I
don't know if this is ever going to happen.

What I need in a video card is for it to be very fast and have
dual-monitor support. Also, I don't want less than 128 MB.

I liked this card because it has a good NVIDIA chip and dual monitor
support, and it wasn't too expensive.

However, I'd be more than happy to send it right back to them for a
refund if someone could recommend a good card that meets my needs.

I want something that has a good 3D chip on it, but it doesn't have to
be the best of the best. I don't really play games much these days, so
I'm not going to need the best gaming card.
I definitely want dual monitor support though, if possible.

I paid about $130 for this card, so if there's anything in that range
that anyone could recommend, or if you recommend just sticking with
this card, I'd appreciate feedback of any kind.

Do you think that they will make a driver update that will fix this
power indicator issue?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

---Atreju---

---Atreju---