Old October 27th 03, 07:14 AM
Callas

Many of us have installed the driver without any problems. You did not
mention which operating system you were using so if you are using Windows XP
or Windows ME then try a system restore point prior to the problem in
question. You can initialize a restore point from the safe mode.

Windows 2000.

After five hours of trying to fix it, I restored from my current norton
ghost image. It took about an hour to do, plus an hour to bring the
installation entirely up to date.

Generally
speaking drivers do not cause this problem but rather a conflict with a
program running in the background is to blame, ( which interfered with the
installation of the driver).

I find this hard to believe. Can you provide a reference to where this
has been proved?

--
Callas