Old October 26th 03, 10:33 PM
678

Billy_Bat wrote:
[snip]

Often the new drivers bring enhanced operation. Many people say that the
52.16s did so. Many more of us have had many problems after installing them.
I personally never had a problem just installing an Nvidia driver over
another. With the ATI cards in other of my machines, youhad to wipe out
anything that had to do with ATI before installing new drivers. I even did
that with the 52.16s, and still had it go crazy on me, when playing
Battlefield 1942. (this on a clean install of XP, coincidentally)
Good Luck!

I'd say a valid conclusion we could draw is: "no drivers works on all
machines in this world".

I installed the 52.16 without any uninstallation done in advance (I
usually don't do that anyway). So far everything runs fine.