Old August 18th 03, 08:01 PM
Dan Keeley

Sorry, thats not true at all - The old 1x agp was 5v and now agp is 3.3v (
something like that ) and if you put an old card in, or mismatch them you
can blow them up....

However, little known is that usually agp 1x was a different connector - yes
there were 2 agp connectors, but the original one is indeed rare, so this
will add extra complication!

Try ebay...

"chuck" wrote in message

"Joel Konkle-Parker" wrote in message
m...
I'm in desperate need of an AGP1x (or compatible) video card, and I
don't know where to start looking. A couple years ago I invertantly put
a 4x card in my 1x slot, and now it's dead. Does anyone know of any
1x-compatible cards out there, or of something that can help me find

one?

- Joel

That's odd, something must have been wrong with the card to begin with

since
most videocards are backwards compatible with earlier AGP standards.