Old August 3rd 03, 10:46 PM
-=Matt=-

Default Why are newer cards worse than old ones?

In the 'old' days, when a new card came out you knew it would be better than
the old one. Eg. Voodoo2 was better than V1, Geforce 2 better than Geforce1
etc.

I don't understand how people can say, as I've noticed they do on this
newsgroup, that some versions of the GF3 are faster than some FX's? Is it
indeed true?!? I have also heard that the GF3 is better than the GF4mx,
which is why I got the GF4mx on ebay - it was so cheap! I've not recieved it
yet, but as the GF3 is 2 generations lower than the FX; am I going to hear
that there is a faster version of a GF2 out there than my new GF4mx???

Why release these cards if they are inferior to existing models?

--
-=Matt=-

Matts Portrait and Star Wars Page
www.jed1kn1ght.fsnet.co.uk