Old July 10th 03, 04:49 PM
Groove

Andrew Lee said this...
OK guys, I've fitted the cooler and got it up and running... the silence
is almost deafening! It seems to be OK so far, but I touched both
heatsinks after leaving the computer on for 15 minutes, and it seems a
bit hot for my liking (although not untouchable).

I assume you were careful to get the thermal grease on the heatpipe
fittings etc as per their instructions. One of the website reviews I looked
at mentioned a "bedding-in" period of IIRC 48 hours for the grease to
become fully effective. I don't know the truth of such a thing, but it may
be worth monitoring the temperature over a few days.

--
º~ dªv¡d ~º