Old July 9th 03, 10:02 PM
John Smith

It's the other way round for me - prior to putting on the 50 I used to get
lock-ups on my card with the fan. Now, fanless but with the 50 I don't get
any - touch wood.

J.

"Groove" wrote in message
Andrew Lee said this...
I've ordered the 80A from Overclockers.co.uk, and I'm certain it will
work with my configuration (Abit KX7-333R mobo). I've got a tube of
thermal grease left over from the Zalman Flower Cooler, so I'll add that
on when I'm applying the stuff.

Just by way of reassurance, I put the 80a on my ti4200 a few weeks ago.
Deep joy to be rid of the nasty little fan, and the card is

working/cooling
perfectly. Even after hours of gaming no lockups or artifacts. I'm 100%
happy with it so far. I have moved a case fan to the back of the box where
it will blow over the heatsink for the recent hot weather, but mainly it
runs without this fan perfectly well.

--
º~ dªv¡d ~º