Old July 3rd 07, 02:50 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
thomas

Default Using MSA50 As SAS JBOD?

Nut Cracker wrote:
i believe it is proprietary ... its like a 16 lane SAS connector, or
something. I dont have any MSA20/50's in my environment yet, so I havent had
to dig into the specifics with this gear.

All i know is its an HP ONLY solution. Im guessing you have to set up lots
of 0+1 arrays with 1 drive in each of them if you want to test individual
performance.

To do what you're asking, I would simply create a bunch of
single-disk arrays in the array configuration utility.
You will get errors when you have to pull a drive out, but
the controller will allow you to do this, and will re-present
the disk to the OS. I don't know what the limit for arrays
is in a P800 or P600.

If you go with mirrored pairs, you'll have a wait for a rebuild
when you remove a disk.

thomas.