Old June 20th 07, 11:15 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Will

Default Using MSA50 As SAS JBOD?

"NuT CrAcKeR" wrote in message
t...
Not unless the P600 or P800 has the ability to present all the devices as
JBOD, which I am reasonably sure they dont. Given the performance and
availability of RAID, why would you want a JBOD setup?

Worst case ... Make one massive RAID Voulme, and partition the hell out
of. Although, it would be preferable to have have discreet array volumes
with a single partition, rather than one volume with loads of partitions.

Again, I'm testing individual drives. That's why I don't want RAID.

What is the name of that high density connector type that HP is using on
MSA50 and P600?

--
Will