Old September 2nd 05, 02:01 PM
~misfit~

BillL wrote:
Hi all, I've been asked to answer the following question by a friend
of mine. As far as I can recall (I supplied the bits for his current
box) he's got a 64 MB GF Ti200 with TV out, 512 MB of RAM and a 1.2
GHz CPU (I'm not sure about the CPU). The TV he's refering to is
quite a new 22" LCD (no HDMI input). I really don't think it'll be
possible to have a 10 metre cable from the back of the video card to
the TV (!!) so is there anyway of achieving what my friend is asking
- as per usual I know nothing about sommething I've never been
interested in doing!
With the music player option he's probably better just getting an
'off the shelf" wireless MP3 system for the 'puter? Though why he'd
want to play music through the crappy built in speakers of the TV
puzzles me somewhat.
BTW if someone wants to make me feel like an idiot with a blindingly
obvious suggestion please feel free ;o)

TIA

BillL

Anyhoo here's his question: -

'What's the best way to get video and sound from the PC upstairs to
the TV monitor in the kitchen? I want to use it as a video/music
player. You probably know better than I what connections are
available on the back of my PC. Minimise the number of cables if
poss. coz its going to 10m ish run.. The TV has got every conceivable
input and output facility. VGA/S video/DVD input/audio in/out etc.'

Don't know if this is any help but my nephew, Kyzen, pointed me to a part of
his site a while ago when I asked a similar question:

http://www.lanx.org.au/forum/showthr...=&threadid=124
--
~misfit~