Old July 2nd 05, 11:56 PM
Notan

William, P., N., Smith wrote:

Notan wrote:
Nope, not the BIOS password, the "System Password."

Upon booting into the Windows GUI, I'm still asked to logon,
but the initial boot sequence no longer asks for a password.

Dunno, I'm having a hard time parsing this answer. What initial boot
sequence used to ask for a password when? What OS, or is this still
during BIOS initialization?

Running Windows XP Pro... In the BIOS, I've set both a System Password and
a Setup (BIOS) Password. When I first turn the system on, before anything
even initializes, the system asks me for a Password, or, rather, it used to.

Notan