Old December 1st 08, 02:24 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Collon

Default asus abmzn-la mobo, help find or replace plz!!!

Thank you both for helping.

Hey Paul, this is what I just bought:
ASUS M2NPV-VM (nVidiaŽ NVIDIA GeForce 6150 + nForce 430 chipset)

Paul, would you know for sure what processor I can buy on Newegg.com? I'm
certain I don't have dual core now, but the other two options on this mobo I
just ordered are Athlon 64 FX and Athlon 64 Sempron. I don't have a clue
what the difference is and suspect I wouldn't even notice.

Also, am I gonna need that cpu glue for the new processor on the board?
Can't I just put it in and screw everything back without the glue?

Thanks again!