Old November 30th 08, 08:26 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul

Default asus abmzn-la mobo, help find or replace plz!!!

Collon wrote:
compaq presario sr2017cl (sr2000 series) amd athlon64
mobo says asus abmzn-la (but nothing on Asus site or Google!)

Computer won't post. Took both rams out, computer/mobo won't beep. I think
even this pci-express mobo board should still beep if it is good mobo and
processor. Nothing wrong with psu, monitor, or ram . . . I've verified these
components work.

So.....if I can't find another mobo just like this one and I don't know how
to verify that the processor still works, can you help me find another
abmzn-la with processor that I can buy?

If not, can you help me find a close alternative mobo to replace this one?

Thanks!!!

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...reg_R1002_USEN

Manufacturer: Asus
Motherboard Name: A8M2N-LA
HP/Compaq motherboard name: NodusM3-GL8E

(Motherboard picture)
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...reg_R1002_USEN

Try Ebay. Or alternately, the HP part store.

The HP part store shows a red "x" for a replacement motherboard for sr2017cl.

http://h20141.www2.hp.com/hpparts/?c...hpr_R1002_USEN

Asus OEM boards, at least recent ones, will not appear on the Asus
site. Neither does Asus provide support for them. There may have
been a couple boards, where an Asus retail board closely resembled
the HP OEM. In this case, the M2NPV-* boards (retail) aren't even close, so
would not be a substitute. Those boards are retail AM2 boards with
6150 chipset.

So right now, it looks like "Ebay roulette". Or put an entirely different
solution in the box (M2NPV or something better), buy a replacement OS CD,
and use that to make a computer for yourself. The HP recovery partition,
may not restore if a different motherboard is detected.

Paul