Old September 13th 03, 11:24 AM
Safetymom123

So what is a reasonable price for a printer if the manufacturer allowed you
to refill?

wrote in message
On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 15:50:21 +1000, wrote:

In Australia you can now buy lexmatk, canon or HP in Dick Smith for

around
$60 AUD [x 0.65 for USD]

Say a new genuine HP 690c colour cartridge is $70

Refillers everywhere do them at $30 approx and used to have no problems

now
say the "electrics" are gone or its "dried out" so I cant refill so they
sell you a $70 one!

Isnt it better to just buy a new printer each time?

If so which can be refilled without problems or who sells genuine ink at

fair price?

Yes I know some new ones have 1/2 full ink!!

Your absolutely right when it comes to inkjets and it's stupid. What
you are suggesting is exactly what more and more people are doing now
too. Here in Alberta, Canada, our government is planning on
introducing a recycling tax targeted at computer equipment to try and
stem the mountains of this stuff that are rapidly filling up the
landfills and polluting the land and water. I say bring it on and
maybe that will force the manufacturers into selling the printers at
their real costs and selling the cartridges for more reasonable
amounts. Now if the toner and ink refillers would get their acts
together and lobby their respective governments, perhaps the feds
could force the manufacturers into getting rid of chipped
cartridges.. All in the name of saving the enviroment. And, to
paraphrase Martha Stewart, thats a good thing.

Frank