Old February 28th 04, 04:58 PM
Danny

"Ben Pope" wrote...

Hey everyone.

I've just took the plunge and ordered the Sapphire 9800 Pro 128mb, I've
decided to see what all the fuss is about with these new ATI cards! I'm
currently running a GeForce 3 Ti200, whilst it has served me extremely
well over the years, it's getting a bit long in the tooth these days.

So,
first question I want to ask is... did I make the right choice of ATI
card, is the 9800 Pro 128mb by Sapphire considered a good card?!

Yeah, I got a Crucial (which I beleive to be a re-badged Sapphire) and it
flies.

What Chipset/CPU you running?

I can do 1600x1200 in Splinter Cell, CoD, NFSU:UG, Vice City and Prince of
Persia, so I think it could be considered a good card, but you do need a
decent Processor (2GHz ish) and fast RAM to fully appreciate it.

Thanks alot everyone for there replies, I'm glad I made the right choice!
I'm currently running a XP2500+ Barton on an Asus A7N8X - X mobo, with the
nForce 2 400 chipset. And 256mb DDR ram, which is soon to be upgraded to
512mb. So hopefully I'll have the system to back up the 9800!

And what
exactly do I have to do to wipe all the Nvidia stuff from my comp, short
of re-formatting or manually going through the registry?! What I mean

is,
is there a utility out there that will do it all for me... I'm lazy like
that!

There were a list of cleaners mentioned in a thread recently... Det
Destroyer (mentioned as DD) is the one I already knew of, but others might
be appropriate depending on your OS. If you uninstall the drivers from

the
control panel you don't usually have problems.

Have fun with your new card.

Thanks, I'll do a search for that and see what it's like, I'll do the reg
clean as well like somebody else suggested, I wanna be sure I've got rid of
all traces of Nvidia... the last thing I need is instability with this new
card.

Thanks again for all the replies, it's put my mind at ease a great deal....
now I just wish the thing would hurry up and arrive!

Danny