Old November 30th 03, 07:00 AM
Mike

Default P4C800-E deluxe freezes during biosflash.....what about CrashFree BIOS2 ?

Hi all

I think i am in deep **** and need some serious help !
I tried to flash the bios of my P4C800-E. During the process the system
frooze at 47%.
Finaly (after i had waited for about 10 minutes) i had to shut down the
system.
Jippie!! i'm lucky to have a CrashFree Bios2 installed on my mobo ....
just take out your emergency floppy or CD; boot your system; put the floppy
or CD in
and the bios will be restored automatically..... wauw i'm lucky !

But what's this ? the system won't boot anymore.
CDrom lights flash but don't boot.
Floppy drive is completely dead.....CrashFree Bios huh

I used the latest bios version (1014) and lastest AsusUpdate.

Does anybody have any suggestion besides taking it back to the dealer ????

Thanks in advance !

Mike