Old October 8th 03, 05:03 PM
Daniel Crichton

Charlie wrote:
Replying to my own post...I found this page that describes my
particular GeForce MX440 and it is not DX9 compatible but yes it does
have TV out up to 1024x768.

http://www.evga.com/articles/public.asp?AID=55

Once I configure for viewing it's TV out on my lcd monitor I'll see
if I really need a new card just for DX9 in a handful of games I
currently enjoy.

The MX440 is compatible with DX9 via drivers. It is not hardware compliant
(it's not even DX8 hardware compliant). There are currently, hmm, zero games
that require DX9 hardware compliant cards that I know of. Even the games I
have that require DX9 installed work fine on my GF4Ti4200 (a DX8.1 card),
and also my friends GF2MX400 (a DX7 card).

Dan