Old May 4th 04, 12:30 PM

philo wrote:
The file you want is aha1540b_um.pdf and there were two hits on Google.
They are both in Taiwan, so I don't know what it will look like. I
have the file and will send it if you want and post a valid address. It
is 709 KB in size. Let me caution you however, I had a very similar
experience with these boards, and I don't know that I ever solved it.
Your results may vary.

thank you for very valuable help!

according the the manual on the 1542B pin1 of jumper J8 must be on
to enable floppy....the jumper was off...so i'll have to give it a try
tomorrow

much appreciated!

philo

You might experiment with the address used by the floppy controller on
the SCSI card in addition to the enable/disable jumper. It is possible
that you might avoid the conflict with the correct setting. As I said,
I did not have much luck, but you might if you stick with it?