Old May 4th 04, 02:26 AM

philo wrote:
wrote in message

philo wrote:

Could it be that you have two floppy controllers enabled??? Try
disabling one of them. There may be a setting in CMOS for the on board
floppy controller, or a jumper on the SCSI card for disabling it.

i guess i'd better go to the adaptec website and check the jumper
settings...
you sure can't tell by looking at it...
there is no option to enter cmos like there would be on the newer scsi

cards

thanks

philo

What model of SCSI card do you have? Also, when I referred to CMOS, I
meant the CMOS for the mother board. Sometimes you can disable it and
the conflict with the controller on the SCSI card will go away.

yes...i knew that...i tried it both ways. with floppies enabled in the
(mobo) bios
and without.

the two boards i have are AHA-1542b & 1522

the last time i checked , adaptec did still list the specs of obsolete
boards on their website... i just recalled seeing jumpers to set the IRQ...

i'll have to go back there and look around when i get the time

thanks... this was more a matter of curiosity...it's not like i really need
to use a 486 G !

philo

The file you want is aha1540b_um.pdf and there were two hits on Google.
They are both in Taiwan, so I don't know what it will look like. I
have the file and will send it if you want and post a valid address. It
is 709 KB in size. Let me caution you however, I had a very similar
experience with these boards, and I don't know that I ever solved it.
Your results may vary.