Old December 21st 10, 03:56 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
peter

Default Abit NF7S

The Nforce drivers include the LAN drivers.
If your taking out the 6800 video what are you replacing it with??
I would load the SATA drivers anyways just in case I decide to buy a SATA
drive and they are easier to load during a new OS installation.
good luck
peter

or disruptive,please ignore it.
"Bolooser55" wrote in message

Good day,
I have always used motherboards with IDE hard drives and nows someone gave
me an Abit NF7S I want to use with a IDE HD. Do I need all the Sil and Sata
drivers on the Abit site or do I just need to install the Nforce chipset.
I also do not know where the lan driver is to be found and installed or does
it come with the Nforce chipset ?
I sincerely do not know which drivers to install for this mobo. There is
right now a Geforce 6800 on it which I do not need so I want to take it out,
format the HD and install Win2K as there is XP on it now and I want
Win2K.All I do is writing and some Internet, no games.
Thanks a lot