Old September 27th 03, 05:52 PM
Bolton Gate

Default Which Radeon 9600 Pro

Hi

I have just rebuilt my pc with a asus A7N8X V2 Deluxe, Athlon Barton 2500, 2
x 512MB Crucial PC3200 (in dual channel mode), Western Digital 120GB SATA
HDD 8MB cache at 7200rpm and a Enermax 350W PSU but I have an old Elso
Gladiac GTS 32MB graphics card which I am looking to upgrade.

A friend may be selling me a Gainward Geforce4 TI4600 Golden Edition for £60
but this may not happen. Is this a good card? Will the 4X AGP peformance be
affected when compared to the 8X Radeaon 9600 Pro?

I have been looking at the Radeon 9600 Pro and get confused at some of the
versions out there and their memory speeds. The ones I have found are
branded PowerColor 9600 Pro Bravo priced from £121 inc VAT and delivery from
avco.biz and several brands from overclockers.co.uk.

What is the best option for the money at the momement?

Gigabyte 9600 Pro 128 MB
Saphire 9600 Pro 128 MB
Connect 9600 Pro 128 MB
PowerColor 9600 Pro 128 MB
Tyan Tacheon 9600 Pro 128MB. I have heard that it can be found for £117 but
cannot find the supplier for this price.

I have been looking for days but each time I find a deal they are for OEM's
and quote memory speeds 340 and 400. I though the 9600 Pro specifications
are 400 core with memory speed at (2 x 300) 600.

Any advice?

Bryan