Old November 1st 03, 09:31 AM
Alien Zord

"MyndPhlyp" wrote in message
. net...
I'm (obviously) trying to revive an old 2100 that some thoughtful soul

raped
for its memory. (What a sad state of affairs when techies take advantage

of
a poor overworked server's weaker moments.)

What I've been able to find out so far is that the original specs call

for:

* 168-pin
* Buffered
* DIMM
* 60ns
* 3.3V
* ECC

Do you know if this ol' server will take 100ns DIMMs? Looks like all the
60's are pretty much gone from this planet and something in the back of my
mynd seems to recall that 100ns DIMMs can be used in place of 60ns DIMMs.
(And there ain't even many 100's around these daze either!)

A while back I've been given a PowerEdge 4200. This takes 168 pin 60ns or
faster buffered EDO memory.
It does NOT work with SDRAM! Check Crucial's web site. Your model appears to
require the same memory type as mine and its quite expensive.