Old August 11th 09, 09:54 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action, alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Ross Ridge

Default Id / John Carmack announces the PS3 version of RAGE will run atonly 20-to-30fps,breaking promise of all versions running at 60fps. Meanwhile the Xbox360 version still runs at 60fps

Doug Jacobs wrote:
My problem with most PC games is that even if you do the full install option,
not only do you need to have the disc in the drive, but it's constantly
spinning.

Hmm... I've never had this problem except with games that were still
streaming stuff (music usually) off the CD-ROM despite a full install.
I used to just run Nero DriveSpeed to slow down the drive to 24x speed
which made it pretty much silent. You can also change the spin down
time in case that's set too high.

Ross Ridge

--
l/ // Ross Ridge -- The Great HTMU