Old January 10th 05, 04:18 AM
NightSky 421

"Manuel" wrote in message
I can't wait til R520 Video Cards come out! I wish ATI released some
information, I would love for them to come out with a SLI or dual core
version (SOON!)

I have a Radeon 9800 Pro but I'm waiting for the next gen video cards to
spend money on it.

/rant off

Sorry if this is as informative as your free daily newspaper, I just
wanted to rant a bit (been waiting for the r520 for a few months now)

Any news on the next gen video cards?

I don't know when we might see the R520, but depending on who you ask, they
could be coming out anytime between May and November. As far as SLI goes, I
think ATI has no choice but to offer it since nVidia is their chief
competitor.

I myself have a Radeon 9800 Pro and think I will be holding out for an R520
card, or something of that generation. I don't plan to do anything major to
my PC this year, but I will look at building a whole new computer in about a
year's time. I won't be buying the very best video card money can buy, but
I can rest assured that by early 2006 that even a mid-range gaming card
would easily do circles around my 9800 Pro.