Old January 5th 05, 12:28 PM
GB

"Tx2" wrote in message
t...

I have given examples of my experience with Dell in the UK via another
posting, and I believe there have been other posts made reflecting such
from other users in this thread.

I can well believe the difficulties you mention with Dell.

However, on the plus side, they do at least test-run the systems before
shipping them, so that cuts down some of the problems. All the components in
the system are tested first by the manufacturers and then by Dell when they
test-run the system.

If you buy your components from an online supplier, you are of course having
to deal with *their* often ****ty customer services if you have a problem. I
have had more duff components than duff fully-built PCs because the PCs go
through the second stage of testing. I am sure that you do the same when you
build a system for a customer, so I am not suggesting that Dell are doing
anything particularly clever here.

Geoff