Old December 22nd 04, 08:19 PM
kony

On 22 Dec 2004 19:58:57 GMT, Bubba wrote:

kony's log on stardate 22 pro 2004

Am I missing something or is the solution to simply not use
it in one of the first 3 PCI slots?

Exactly, you are missing a single little fact, nevertheless, crucial one.
I only _have_ 3 PCI slots. Part of the blame lays on me however, for not
explicitly stating that fact, on the other hand, I have given the board's
name.

That is, after you reset the bios to clear out changes. You might
also see if a (motherboard) bios update helps.

I believe I wrote that I did update my motherboard BIOS with the latest
available. Didn't help, unfortunately...

BIOS updates sometimes take time, perhaps someday a bios
update will help, though if users don't report problems to
the motherboard manufacturer they may not realize the
problem.

Are you needing to boot to that card ('s attached drives) ?
If not, see if there's a jumper to disable the bios on it,
making it unbootable but possibly working once a windows
driver is loaded.