Old December 22nd 04, 06:56 PM
kony

On 22 Dec 2004 17:12:55 GMT, Bubba wrote:

I have somehow odd problem with this combination. It seems impossible to
make this Iwill card work on first three PCI slots. Why, beats me, Google
haven't helped but I've tried it on two other boards (KT133A and KT400
chipset) and it works fine in slots higher than PCI 3.

What I've tried until now is the following:

I flashed BIOS on Gigabyte to newest F13, shut down all non essential
devices (USB, serial & parallel ports, audio, SATA, ATA and floppy
controllers etc.), assigned all available IRQs to PCI slots, but it still
won't work. The problem manifests itself by, to me, very odd manner.
Computer passes POST, however, it halts there. What is strange is the fact
it is still somehow functional (keys are working, soft reset as well).
BIOS is inaccessible to...

PCI slots on MBO are PCI 2.3 and on card PCI 2.2, and obviously card
works, except in first three slots. I currently don't have a clue what to
do, and I would really appreciate any help since I really wouldn't like to
buy a new MBO if it is not absolutely necessary.

Is there a way to make this card works? Has somebody had similar problems?
The only thing that crosses my mind is that I change IRQs one by one on
all three slots (which would be a very unpleasant job, since I have to
shutdown my computer, pull out the card and change IRQ 3 times 12
IRQs...).

TIA!

Am I missing something or is the solution to simply not use
it in one of the first 3 PCI slots? That is, after you
reset the bios to clear out changes. You might also see if
a (motherboard) bios update helps.