Old November 27th 10, 04:47 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Foke

Default Replacement for 8800GT

On Fri, 26 Nov 2010 23:11:55 +0100, Gilles
wrote:

Ref: de Terry Pinnell

And now I'm thinking maybe I should go for a newer product with at least
equal performance if not better. But it must be a direct fit and easy to
install, as I'm no techie! Note that I'm not into gaming. Main app is
video editing. I'm fussy about quietness too.

If you don't mind leaving Nvidia and succumb to the Dark Side (ATI) you can
investigate this model:
http://www.sapphiretech.com/presenta...000101&pid=305

I have replaced my 8800gt with it.

Practically identical power consumption than the 8800gt so you don't need to
check your power supply compatibility.

Much lower noise level and temperature

Working like a charm.

Bad choice. It would have been a good choice a few months ago, but now
Nvidia has released the GTX 460 SE.

Faster, quieter and lower power draw then the 5770, plus superior Nvidia
drivers. And both cards compete in the same market so they are virtually
the same price.