Old September 14th 03, 11:22 AM
Jamie_Manic

"TheHasselhoff" wrote in message
om...
I am beside myself with how the Nvidia line is suddenly being considered
second-rate compared to the ATI line, simply because of one game.
Now, I realize HL2 will be immensely popular. But, Valve has basically

come
out and acted as if their new game is 100% representative of how video

games
will be made in the future. That's certainly egotistical, and downright
incorrect.

Unless you are able to see into the future YOU are incorrect.

The other 100s of game developers are not going to suddenly say,
"ooh, here's how Valve does things, so we need to copy it."
I guess what really frosts me is that Valve (obviously in bed with ATI)
comes out with their own benchmarks - which are not being validated by any
independent source - and all of the other benchmarks out there, showing

the
GeforceFX line beating the ATI line in many other games are thrown out the
window.
Valve can say all they want that Nvidia shouldn't make "game-specific"
drivers - but I'll bet that the last few Catalyst revisions have had

updates
for HL2 in them. They'd be dumb not to - but Valve acting like the

supreme
entity in all of this is ridiculous.
I think I'm going to pass on HL2, just out of principle.

Yeah. Sure you are :P

Bloody fanboys.