Old October 12th 03, 07:38 PM
Mike Richter

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 11:25:03 +0200, Lokke wrote:

I own a Creative 8432 (in fact a 8435E which is a Samsung SW-208). I
have used it successfully with CD-RW80 disks (1-4 x multispeed) and
with CD-R74 disks. My CD-R74 supplies have dried. CD-R80 blanks are
not recognized by Nero 5.5.

Try looking through CDFREAKS and some other sites for MKTFLASH
and flashing firmware. They have a thread about recovering dead drives
but they say it doesnt work on ALL drives so who knows but its worth a
try.

Normally, I'd suggest staying away from such sources, but this is a
last-gasp effort. If such a fix does not work, the choices are repair by
a service center (probably hopelessly expensive and almost certainly not
covered by warranty); or discard the drive.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/