Old October 14th 14, 06:05 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia.programming,comp.games.development.programming.algorithms
Skybuck Flying[_4_]

Default Alien Isolation crashes during hickup/slowdown (sound system crash suspected).

Hello,

I decided to update the graphics drivers to try this once and for all nvidia
driver version 3.44.11:

344_11-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-english-whql.exe

I read on the release notes that it's optimized for alien isolation, that
could mean some fixes.

I read on the internet that this driver was supposed to cause crashes but
perhaps that's wrong and related to running in administrator mode.

I just tried these new drivers and the game doesn't seem to crash anymore,
so that's good news, or maybe it was a fluke of luck, tomorrow I will try to
play the game extensively and see how it goes and report back, fingers
crossed for now

Bye,
Skybuck.