Old October 10th 14, 07:50 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia.programming,comp.games.development.programming.algorithms
Skybuck Flying[_4_]

Default Alien Isolation crashes during hickup/slowdown (sound system crash suspected).

Hello,

I have not yet seen a fix for this game, so I thought I report this problem:

The game seems to crash when there is a hickup/slowdown during playing.

I suspect it's sound system related.

The PC is too slow to keep up and something sound-related causes a crash.

"Alien Isolation has stopped working".

It also involves movement, for example bumping into a railing might trigger
it.

Or enemies shooting at me.

Sometimes just walking around seems to trigger it as well but this could be
the footstep sounds again causing the sound system to crash.

(Full dynamic range was the sound setting, perhaps changing this setting
might help prevent crashes).

Bye,
Skybuck.