Old March 10th 07, 07:57 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Carlo Razzeto

Default Vista disables Cool'N'Quiet on some motherboards

"know code" wrote in message

If you want to name more - look at any
flavor of Linux, why the hell the end users have to edit the source
code in attempt (often futile) to make things work?

When was the last time you looked at linux? The last time I recall having
to edit source code to make something work could have been 4-5 years ago!
Things have moved on a LOT since then.

Some of the stories about certain 'features' in Vista should scare the
hell out of anyone thinking about using it. It looks like Vista is just
one huge bloated piece of spyware that will never make it onto my desktop!

You know... It seems to me I keep hearing that argument with Linux, even the
last time I tried it 5 years ago they were saying the same thing... Not that
Linux is a bad choice, it certainly is capable of doing what most people
need it to (particularly people who just want to surf the web). But I do
wish the OSS community would take a step back, breath deeply and finally
admit that yes... They are *very* far behind Microsoft and Apple in the
desktop market. Once they can finally admit that to them selves, they can
start taking a better look at OSX and Vista and start creating their own
versions of the best parts of these OS's. Search functions, enhanced kernel
protection, better organized UI's (I have yet to see a version of X Windows
that appeals to me at all) the list goes on.

Carlo